When it comes to buying garage door openers, you should always look for quality and the durability. The power it has and how much weight it can lift. There are several other considerations also which you should look before you buy a best garage door opener. You may want to buy a cheap garage door opener but ensure that it has all the necessary features. You should never compromise on the quality of the machine you buy. One of the most trusted brands of garage door openers is the LiftMaster. The Liftmaster Elite Series 8550 is an excellent choice among many it is also called the Liftmaster 8550W. You will find many Liftmaster 8550 reviews online but make sure that you read only the trusted and well-researched Liftmaster garage door openers review. To make it easy for you to buy the garage door opener, we provide a well-researched review of this product.
Design and features of Liftmaster 8550w
This garage door opener is also well-designed. It works fine with all kinds of garage doors. It can also work as a side-mounted garage door opener. The best thing about this unit is that it has a DC motor. It has a ¾ Horsepower DC motor which can lift up to 550 pounds. It can lift all kinds of wooden doors, gatehouse style, steel, and sectional doors. So, if you want a machine which operates on a variety of doors, it is the best choice you have. It also has two 100-watt light bulbs on either side of the opener. It means that you will have more light when you enter at night. The unit shuts down the lights automatically after 4.5 minutes.
You should also read a few garage door motor reviews. Both the AC and DC motors have their advantages. You will find that the DC motors are a slightly better than AC motors when it comes to being quite. The Liftmaster 8550W unit has a DC Motor which is quite when in operation. The AC motors tend to be noisier than DC motors. It is why the 8550W is one of the quietest garage door openers on the market. The power of the machine is good, and it also does not make much noise; it is a perfect combination for your home use. It is why we recommend this model for your garage doors. It has high garage door opener ratings as compared to many other models.
Another great thing which you will like about this model is the battery backup. The garage door Liftmaster works using less power, but in the case of power outages, you do not have to worry at all. With its battery backup, you can lift the garage door at least 40 times. The battery will automatically recharge once the power comes back.
Another excellent feature which is not present in many other models is the timer to close the door automatically. It has a timer-to-close function. You can set it to five, ten or up to 99 minutes. It is a useful feature; in case you forget to close the door the timer will close it for you.
It is a Liftmaster Belt Drive Garage Door Opener. It means it relies on belt drive system to lift the garage doors. It is easy to maintain and does not make noise at all. Using the belt drive system the Liftmaster Model 8550 makes itself the quietest model of garage door openers.
- Security + 2.0 for added security
- Drive system: MY Q ® Belt drive technology
- Remote controlled garage lock
- Power: ½ HP
- Timer to close
- Battery backup
- Motion sensing lights
- Weight: 3 pounds
- There are many benefits of buying this garage door opener. The best benefit is that it will not make any noise. It will not disturb your family even when you back home at midnight. You can go in and out without creating attention.
- The Elite series has standard security features for a garage door opener. It also has a safety infrared beam which projects across the door. It opens the door if anything crosses the beam while it is closing. You do not have to worry about your kids or pets getting trapped under the door. Another excellent feature is the door is sensitive to pressure. The garage door opener will reverse the door if an object comes under it before it reaches the ground.
- The Liftmaster uses security 2.0 for its systems. It is the state of the art security system which is only for garage doors. With this security system, the unit resets the code every time you open the door. It means that it is virtually impossible to hack your garage door opener.
- Many people find it difficult to use the garage door openers. It is not the case with this model. With this model, you get a three-button remote control with a digital smart control panel. The interface of the control panel is easy, and you can use it to set the timer without any difficulty. You can program the light duration, timer and the clock using the control panel.
- This direct drive garage door opener also has the WiFi connectivity. It means that you can now open and close the garage door suing the internet by installing the official garage door app on your smartphones.
- You have an option to use the Smartphone app to control the door from anywhere in the world, but to use that you will need MyQ Internet Gateway for connection. The MyQ Internet Gateway is not free of cost.
Final Verdict of Liftmaster 8550w Review
If you are looking for a quiet garage door opener, the Liftmaster 8550W is a great choice. It has state of the art technology for security and performance. It can lift up to 550 pounds weight which makes it ideal for home use. Make sure that you buy this model, as it has some great features. The garage door opener cost is also not too high. You will be glad to buy this unit.